Thursday, July 25, 2013

Compassion International Scavenger Hunt

I created this blog about 7 or 8 months ago.  I've found that I really enjoy blogging.  It's a great way for me to spread the word that human trafficking exists and for me to feel like I am doing something about it.  I enjoy being able to journal my thoughts about a book I've read or a movie that I've seen and share how it impacted me.  But blogging about such a hard topic presents it's challenges too.  It's hard not to get wrapped up in the enormity of the problem and end up feeling overwhelmed.  It can be challenging to be creative. 

I recently learned that anyone (even beginner bloggers like me) could participate in blogging for Compassion International.  Since extreme poverty and the plight of women tugs on my heart almost as much as human trafficking I thought it would be great to include occasional posts about those issues as well.  In fact, extreme poverty and oppression of women is a huge factor in why the trafficking rate is so high in some developing countries. 

About once a month they send you a topic to blog about.  This month would be my first time to participate and, as my luck would have it, they are doing something really fun.  It's a scavenger photo hunt!

I'm jumping in a little late since the contest started July 11th.  I certainly won't be entering every category, but it might be fun to do a few of them.  Join me!
Here is the assignment:
 Two years ago today we posted our first photo on Instagram.
photo-scavenger-hunt-first-compassion-instagram-photo

And to celebrate, we’re going to hold a photo scavenger hunt for the rest of the month, complete with prizes. So, get your camera (or phone) ready.
photo scavenger hunt banner

Each scavenger hunt item can earn you two contest entries. Share your photos in Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, etc. and tag them #CompassionHunt. Then come back here and post the URL of your photo in the widget at the end of this post to get your contest entries.
 Courtesy of Compassion International: Here

The picture categories are all something that have significance to the work of Compassion International.   I already know what my first one will be!
  • A Baby Scale
  • Braided Hair
  • Children Playing Soccer
  • A Church Sign
  • Flag of  a Country Where They Work (26 countries)
  • A Farmer's Market or Food Vendor
  • A Flip Phone
  • A Food Stable Common To The Developing World (rice, naan, injera bread or tortillas)
  • A Goat or a Cow
  • A Sewing Machine
  • Seeds or Grain
  • A Stethoscope
Happy hunting!

1 comment:

  1. I love CI. It was in being a nanny for a CI employee that I learned how awesome they are, and then it was in blogging about CI and seeing other people blogging about it that I learned about HT. Thanks for being a voice for the voiceless!

    ReplyDelete